Frequently Asked Questions:
- Which non-profit foundations will the pledge donations go to? 50% of the net proceeds will be donated to the Edward M Calvo Foundation and the other 50% will be donated to Cancer Care.
- Where will Rally for a Cure be held at? Hilton Resort and Spa tennis courts.
- Are there any age requirements for a team? You just have be 7 years old or older in order to play!
- Do I have to know how to play tennis to support this event? No, you don’t! You can still create a team, raise pledges, and get on a court and just hit some balls around! Another way to support is to donate pledges to any of the teams or to show up and cheer them on!
- How long does a team have to play on the court? Just one hour.
- What do we do on the tennis court? You can choose to rally, play points, or even play a match!
- What do you recommend I bring to the event? We recommend you bring your own water bottle, towel, shoes, and chairs if you’d like to watch the event.
- How can I win prizes? Prizes will be awarded to the team in each division with the longest running rally. A perpetual trophy will be awarded to the team who raises the most pledges.
- Can I join more than one team? Yes you can!
- Can there be more than 2 people on a team? Yes! There can be a maximum of 6 players per team.
- Will drinks and refreshments be provided for teams? Yes, water and fruits (oranges and bananas) will be provided.
- Will tennis balls be provided for the teams? Yes, tennis balls will be provided.
- I want to join/create a team but I don’t have a tennis racket. Would I be able to borrow one? Yes, you can! Just indicate in your participation form that you need to borrow tennis rackets.
- Can my team pick which other team they would like to rally with? Yes you can! Just let Guaiya Todu know who you would like to rally with.
- Can a team pick what time they want to play? No, they can’t. A random draw will be done to determine what time a team will play.
- Can a team pick what court they want to play on? No, they can’t. A random draw will be done to determine what court a team will play.
- Can we bring in outside food or drink to the event? No outside food or drink will be allowed at the event unless it is purchased on Hilton property. With exception to the beverages and snacks donated from sponsors for participants and volunteers only will be allowed.
- What if it rains on Oct 24? We will move the event to the following weekend (Oct 31).
- What are the requirements for Players to participate? All players need to fill out an entry player form and sign the waiver of liability. Each form must be completed fully in order to participate.
- Can anyone pick up a Pledge Form? Anyone is able to pick up a Pledge Form at any of the outlets listed. All Pledge Forms picked up must be signed out as all the forms are numbered and needs accountability with Rev and Tax.
Download FAQ here
Copyright ©2018 Guam National Tennis Federation